If you apply for a job through the Site, Flying Dutchman Group use of the Personal Information you provide through the Career Center is governed by the Flying Dutchman Group Applicant Privacy Notice. If you are an employee, your personal information is governed by the Employee Personal Information Protection Notice, which is available to you by contacting local Human Resources.
Personal Information Flying Dutchman Group Collects
“Personal Information” is information that identifies you as an individual or relates to you as an identifiable individual.
Personal Information includes:
- Postal address (including billing and shipping address);
- Telephone or fax number;
- Email address;
- Credit and debit card number;
- Vendor or Customer tax ID number;
- National ID number, such as Social Security Number;
- Company issued ID number;
- Date of Birth;
- Financial information when you apply for credit;
- Banking information, such as account and routing numbers;
- Passwords and reminder questions/answers;
- Purchase history.
Flying Dutchman Group collects Personal Information when you participate in various opportunities that we provide, for example:
- When you order a product or service, apply for credit or make a request;
- When you register your purchase of a product;
- When you submit a warranty card;
- When you register for subscriptions, technology forums or other communications through the Site or App;
- When you participate in a contest, promotion, sweepstakes, survey or other promotion;
- When you participate in a blog or forum;
- When we conduct market research, meet you at a trade show or other event.
We need to collect Personal Information in order to provide requested services and products to you. If you do not provide the information requested, we may not be able to provide the Services. If you disclose any Personal Information relating to other people to us or to our service providers in connection with the Services, you represent that you have the authority to do so and to permit us to use the information in accordance with this Privacy Statement.
We may combine Personal Information that we collect about you with Personal Information you provide to Flying Dutchman Group through other sources, such as product registrations, inquiries or marketing events. We will use the combined Personal Information in accordance with this Privacy Statement for as long as it is combined.
How We Use Personal Information
We and our service providers use Personal Information for our business purposes, including to
- Fulfill your purchases and respond to your
requests and inquiries
- Process your payments, have your order delivered to you, communicate with you regarding your purchase and provide you with related customer service.
- Send you important information regarding the Site or App, changes to Flying Dutchman Group’s terms, conditions and policies and/or other administrative information.
- Allow you to communicate and interact with others through the Site or App (for example through a blog, message board, messaging functionality, chat functionality, profile or other social media). By using this functionality, you are telling Flying Dutchman Group that you are entitled to use and provide to Flying Dutchman Group your friend’s name, email address and social media account information.
We will engage in these activities to manage our contractual relationship with you and/or to comply with a legal obligation.
- Send you email alerts, text messages and other written or electronic communications.
We will engage in these activities to manage our contractual relationship with you and/or to comply with a legal obligation.
- Personalize your experience by presenting
products and offers tailored to you.
- To better understand you and personalize our interactions with you.
- Send marketing communications that we believe may be of interest to you, including information about trade shows.
We will engage in this activity with your consent or where we have a legitimate interest.
- Allow you to sign up for contests, technology
forums and other activities.
- Allow you to participate in sweepstakes, contests and similar promotions and to administer these activities. Some of these activities have additional rules, which could contain additional information about how we use and disclose your Personal Information, so we suggest that you read these rules carefully.
- Permit you to register and participate in technology forums and other events with Flying Dutchman Group.
We will use Personal Information in this way to manage our contractual relationship with you or with your consent.
- Achieve Flying Dutchman Group business
- For data analysis, audits, researching and developing new products, enhancing Flying Dutchman Group’s website, improving Flying Dutchman Group’s services, developing marketing events and identifying usage trends.
We will engage in these activities to manage our contractual relationship with you, to comply with a legal obligation, to determine the effectiveness of marketing activities and/or because we have a legitimate interest to do so.
We may also use Personal Information as we believe to be necessary or appropriate: (a) to comply with applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence; (b) to comply with legal process; (c) to respond to requests from public and government authorities including those outside your country of residence; (d) to enforce Flying Dutchman Group terms and conditions; (e) to protect Flying Dutchman Group operations; (f) to protect Flying Dutchman Group rights, privacy, safety or property, you or others; and (g) to allow Flying Dutchman Group to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
How Personal Information is Disclosed
Your Personal Information may be disclosed:
- Within the Flying Dutchman Group Group of Companies for the purposes described in this Privacy Statement.
Flying Dutchman Group de Nemours, Inc. and the local affiliate with whom you are interacting are each responsible for the management of the jointly-used Personal Information.
- To Flying Dutchman Group’s third party service providers.
These third parties provide services such as website hosting, data analysis, payment processing, order fulfillment, product distribution, infrastructure provision, IT services, customer service, email delivery services, credit card processing, auditing services and other similar services to enable them to provide services.
- To third parties such as agents, retailers and distributers to facilitate the sale and distribution of Flying Dutchman Group products and services, which may include marketing communications consistent with your choices.
- To third party sponsors of sweepstakes, contests and similar promotions.
- To a third party that may offer you credit to purchase products or services offered by Flying Dutchman Group.
- To identify you to anyone to whom you send messages through the Site.
- To a third party in the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of Flying Dutchman Group business, assets or stock including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings.
- To third parties in connection with licensing, joint development or similar arrangements.
- By you, when you participate in features on a Flying Dutchman Group Site or App that provide the opportunity to interact with Flying Dutchman Group and others (for example a blog, message board, messaging functionality, chat functionality, profile or other social media).
When you use these features you should be aware that any information you submit, including your name, location and email address, may be publicly available to others. We are not responsible for any information you choose to submit through these features and we strongly discourage you from disclosing any sensitive Personal Information (such as health or credit card information) through these features. If you use these features, your Personal Information may remain on the Site or App even after you cease use of the Site or App.
We may also disclose Personal Information as we believe to be necessary or appropriate: (a) to comply with applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence; (b) to comply with legal process; (c) to respond to requests from public and government authorities including those outside your country of residence; (d) to enforce Flying Dutchman Group terms and conditions; (e) to protect Flying Dutchman Group operations; (f) to protect Flying Dutchman Group rights, privacy, safety or property, you or others; and (g) to allow Flying Dutchman Group to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
We do not sell consumer personal information to third parties.
Other Information We Collect
“Other Information” is any information that does not reveal your specific identity or relate to you as an identifiable individual.
Other Information includes:
- Browser information;
- Information collected through cookies, pixel tags and other technologies;
- Demographic information and other information provided by you;
- Aggregated information.
How We Collect Other Information
Flying Dutchman Group and Flying Dutchman Group’s third party service providers may collect Other Information in a variety of ways, including:
- Through your browser or device.
Certain information is collected by most browsers and devices, such as your Media Access Control (MAC) address, computer type, screen resolution, operating system version, device manufacturer and model and Internet browser type and version.
- Through your use of an App.
When you download and use an App, we and our service providers may track and collect App usage data, such as your location, or the date and time the App on your device accesses our servers and what information and files have been downloaded to the App based on your device number.
- Through your use of an App, connected device or vehicle, including unmanned aerial vehicles.
The physical location of your device and its associated date and time is collected by satellite, cell phone tower, Wi-Fi signals or other technologies. We may use your device’s physical location to provide you with personalized location-based services and content. In some instances, you may be permitted to allow or deny such uses and/or sharing of your device’s location, but if you do, we and/or our partners may not be able to provide you with the applicable personalized services and content.
Information about your agricultural operation may be collected including, but not limited to, field specific data such as GPS coordinates, soil type, moisture patterns, yield, products used, agronomic observations, management practices and inputs such as herbicides, pesticides, and fertilizers.
- From you.
Information such as your location as well as other information, such as your preferred means of communication, is collected when you voluntarily provide this information. Unless combined with Personal Information, this information does not personally identify you or any other user of the Site or App.
- By aggregating information.
Aggregated Personal Information does not personally identify you or any other user of the Site or App. For example, we may use Personal Information to calculate the percentage of Flying Dutchman Group users who have a particular telephone area code.
How We Use and Disclose Other Information
Because Other Information does not personally identify you, we may use and disclose Other Information for any purpose. If we are required to treat Other Information as Personal Information under applicable law, then we use and disclose it for the purposes for which we use and disclose Personal Information as detailed in this Privacy Statement.
In some instances, we combine Other Information with Personal Information, such as combining your name with your geographical location. If we combine any Other Information with Personal Information, such as when we combine information you provide upon registration with Other Information to provide you with targeted personalized marketing, the combined information will be treated by Flying Dutchman Group as Personal Information.
Your “IP Address” is a number that is automatically assigned to the computer that you are using by your Internet Service Provider (ISP).
How We Collect IP Addresses
An IP Address is identified and logged automatically in Flying Dutchman Group server log files whenever a user visits the Site, along with the date and time of the visit and the page(s) that were visited. Collecting IP Addresses is standard practice on the Internet and is done automatically by many web sites.
How Flying Dutchman Group Uses and Discloses IP Addresses
Flying Dutchman Group uses IP Addresses for purposes such as calculating Site usage levels, helping diagnose server problems, administering the Site and presenting content that is tailored to your country. We may also use and disclose IP Addresses for all the purposes for which we use and disclose Personal Information. Please note that we treat IP Addresses, server log files and related information as Other Information, except where we are required to do otherwise under applicable law.
THIRD PARTY SITES
This Privacy Statement does not address, and we are not responsible for, the privacy, information or other practices of any third parties, including any third party operating any site to which the Site or the App contains a link. The inclusion of a link on the Site or the App does not imply endorsement of the linked site by Flying Dutchman Group. We are not responsible for the information collection, use, disclosure or security policies or practices of any app developer, app provider, social media platform provider, operating system provider, wireless service provider or device manufacturer, including with respect to any Personal Information you disclose to other organizations through or in connection with the Apps.
DO NOT TRACK
Flying Dutchman Group does not currently respond to browser do-not-track signals.
Flying Dutchman Group uses reasonable organizational, technical and administrative measures to protect Personal Information under Flying Dutchman Group control. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet or data storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. If you suspect or have reason to believe that your interaction with Flying Dutchman Group is no longer secure, immediately notify us of the problem by any means described in the “Contacting Flying Dutchman Group” section below.
CHOICES AND ACCESS
Your choices regarding Flying Dutchman Group’s use and disclosure of your Personal Information
Flying Dutchman Group gives you many choices regarding our use and disclosure of your Personal Information for marketing purposes. By contacting the Inquiry Management Center, you may opt-out from receiving future electronic marketing messages and request that we not share your Personal Information with unaffiliated third parties for their marketing purposes.
We will try to comply with your request(s) as soon as reasonably practicable. Please note that if you do opt-out of receiving marketing-related messages from Flying Dutchman Group, we may still send you important administrative messages, and you cannot opt-out from receiving administrative messages.
How you can access, change or suppress your Personal Information
If you would like to request to review, correct, update, suppress or delete, or object to, restrict or otherwise limit Flying Dutchman Group use of, your Personal Information that has been previously provided to Flying Dutchman Group, or if you would like to request to receive an electronic copy of your Personal Information for purposes of transmitting it to another company (to the extent this right to data portability is provided to you by applicable law) you may contact the Flying Dutchman Group Contact Center.
In your request, please make clear what information you would like to have changed, whether you would like to have your Personal Information suppressed from a Flying Dutchman Group database or otherwise let Flying Dutchman Group know what limitations you would like to put on Flying Dutchman Group use of your Personal Information. We will try to comply with your request as soon as reasonably practicable.
We will retain your Personal Information for the period necessary to fulfill the purposes outlined in this Privacy Statement unless a longer retention period is required or allowed by law.
The criteria used to determine our retention periods include:
- The length of time we have an ongoing relationship with you and provide requested services to you;
- Whether there is a legal obligation to which we are subject (for example, certain laws require us to keep records of your transactions for a certain period of time before we can delete them); or
- Whether retention is advisable in light of our legal position (such as in regard to applicable statutes of limitations, litigation or regulatory investigations).
USE OF SITE BY CHILDREN
Flying Dutchman Group is committed to protecting the privacy needs of children and we encourage parents and guardians to take an active role in their children’s online activities. Flying Dutchman Group does not target the Site or the App to children less than sixteen(16) years of age or knowingly collect Personal Information from children for the purpose of selling products or services. Flying Dutchman Group does participate in select educational programs such as science and environmental awareness in support of schools and communities.
Your Personal Information may be stored and processed in any country where we have facilities or where we have engaged a service provider, including to the United States, which may have different data protection rules than in your country.
If you are located in the European Economic Area (EEA): Some non-EEA countries are recognized by the European Commission (EC) as providing an adequate level of data protection according to EEA standards (see the full list of countries).For transfers from the EEA to countries not considered adequate, we have put in place adequate measures, such as standard contractual clauses adopted by the EC to protect your Personal Information. You may obtain a copy of these measures by “Contacting Flying Dutchman Group” (see below).
We ask that you not send Flying Dutchman Group, and you not disclose, any sensitive Personal Information (for example, information related to racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religion or other beliefs, health, criminal background or trade union membership) on or through the Site or App or otherwise to Flying Dutchman Group.
UPDATES TO THIS PRIVACY STATEMENT
We may change this Privacy Statement. View the “LAST UPDATED” legend at the top of this page to see when this Privacy Statement was last revised. Any changes to this Privacy Statement will become effective when we post the revised Privacy Statement on the Site or App. Your use of the Site or App following these changes means that you accept the revised Privacy Statement.